[Qgis-developer] [Qgis-user] [Qgis-psc] Logo

Alister Hood Alister.Hood at synergine.com
Sun Apr 21 05:01:52 PDT 2013

Hi,

> Date: Sat, 20 Apr 2013 14:47:39 +1000
> From: Nathan Woodrow <madmanwoo at gmail.com>
> To: Marco Bernasocchi <marco at bernawebdesign.ch>
> Cc: qgis-developer <qgis-developer at lists.osgeo.org>,    qgis-user
>         <qgis-user at lists.osgeo.org>
> Subject: Re: [Qgis-developer] [Qgis-user]  [Qgis-psc] Logo
>
> Hi all,
>
> There is now another poll with some more designs:
>
> http://99designs.com.au/logo-design/vote-9qwk3a
>
> All polls can be found at:
>
> http://99designs.com.au/logo-design/contests/qgis-needs-logo-210397/polls

In case you've added any more polls, note that this page is not visible without a logon.

> - Nathan

FWIW, I think that #336 is really good, but it was probably added to late to be really noticed.

A couple of people said they like the other variations of it, by I think the one which has the triangle on the Q in a different colour is no good because it isn't clear enough that it is a Q.  Even in #336 I guess it might not be clear enough, but the triangle does seem cool compared to a regular stroke on the Q...

Of course, I'm still not convinced it is better than the proposal here:
http://hub.qgis.org/issues/6688
;)