[Qgis-developer] Sextante test drive

Alexander Bruy alexander.bruy at gmail.com
Mon Apr 22 00:24:22 PDT 2013

Hi Paolo,

On Sat, 20 Apr 2013 18:32:14 +0200
Paolo Cavallini <cavallini at faunalia.it> wrote:

> Bad stuff, agreed. However, taudem has been properly packaged in Debian main, so I
> suppose it can be brought to a reasonable state.
> BTW, is it supported by an active community? Has anyone tried to contact the authors
> suggestiong at least some basic fix?

AFAIK, there is no active developer community around TauDEM (maybe
because of very specific area), it developed by single author and
mainly oriented on Windows and ArcGIS.

I talked with David (TauDEM developer and author) several times when
worked on TauDEM provider for SEXTANTE. He has some plans about
putting TauDEM sources at GitHub or Bitbucket. This allows other
developers contribute to project and maybe increase community. But
seems he didn't have much time for this.

I can ask him again and maybe help him with initial import. Also I send him two patches for building TauDEM under *NIX.

--
Alexander Bruy