[Qgis-developer] Fwd: Call for Presentations - SotM 2013 (annual conference)

Rob Nickerson rob.j.nickerson at gmail.com
Tue Apr 23 11:56:53 PDT 2013

Hi QGIS community,

- please forward this on as you see fit -

It's that time of year again when OpenStreetMap reaches out to the
community to find out what you've been up to. That's right - it time to
submit your presentation ideas for OpenStreetMap's annual "State of the
Map" conference.

If you have something interesting to present about your work with
OpenStreetMap and would like to tell the world, we would love to hear about
it. Simply fill out the "Call for Presentations" form explaining the topic
of your presentation. To keep things easy, at this stage we just need a few
words, not a full presentation. :-)

http://www.stateofthemap.org/info/call-presentations/
(Call for Presentations closes on Monday 10 June 2013.)

=== A bit more information ===

The State of the Map 2013 Conference to be held in Birmingham, United
Kingdom, from 6 to 8 September is calling for presentations.

The theme of this year’s conference is “Change” so we are particularly
interested in presentations addressing this theme. Our programme will cover
a wide range of topics that will interest everyone from the new
OpenStreetMapper to the professional contemplating using our data.

We are seeking presentations from businesses, the public sector, charities,
and individuals.

If you have something to say, for example, about switching to OSM, barriers
to its use, apps for mobile mapping, changing community organisation or
behaviour, historical mapping, or just anything that you want to present,
then make sure you register your proposal with a a few words to describe
the topic.  Tutorial sessions are especially welcome!

=== That link again ===