[Qgis-developer] 'File' versus 'Project'

John C. Tull jctull at gmail.com
Wed Apr 24 09:54:40 PDT 2013

Hi Larry,

On Apr 24, 2013, at 9:46 AM, Larry Shaffer <larrys at dakotacarto.com> wrote:

> As a separate suggestion: if we wanted to minimize our menus better and prepare for unknown future functionality grouping and expansion, we could create a Tools main menu, which could have Vector, Raster, Database and Analysis submenus. This would make room for a Feature main menu, for example, and allow future growth within Tools without forcing yet more horizontal growth of the menubar. Downside is that it adds an extra layer of submenu mousing to get to commonly used actions.

+1

This would help with the problem of the Analysis menu item showing up between the Window and Help menu items. I've often felt that a more consolidated approach like you describe would be much better. And we have the ability to customize all menu item functionality with custom shortcuts, so those that don't like the extra clicks can work around that by creating shortcuts.

Cheers,
John