[Qgis-developer] Decorations on the View Menu

Tim Sutton lists at linfiniti.com
Wed Apr 24 13:37:51 PDT 2013

Hi

On Wed, Apr 24, 2013 at 8:16 PM, Antonio Locandro
<antoniolocandro at hotmail.com> wrote:
> I just tried this feature and my impression is why is this enabled on the
> canvas view? This features are more suitable for the composer and having two
> ways to achieve something is not always a good thing. You can control in a
> better way how things look in the composer anyway. For me it doesn't make
> sense to have this enabled in the Canvas

Having scale (scalebar) and distance (via grid) is handy when panning
around in the map view, taking application screenshots, screencasts,
exporting the canvas as an image etc. These features are disabled by
default so they should not cause you any interference if you don't
want to use them. The copyright decoration functionality could
probably be replaced by current map annotations implementation I
guess...

Regards

Tim

>  Ing. Antonio Locandro