[Qgis-developer] Fields/attributes

Andreas Neumann a.neumann at carto.net
Fri Apr 26 00:03:24 PDT 2013

 Hi,

 The shape files should not constrain us with the column length anymore.

 Meanwhile, QGIS-Dev (master) even handles the column shortening and
 conflict detection (if shortened columns collide because of the
 shortening) correctly. This wasn't the case in older versions. Thanks to
 whoever fixed that!

 Personally I would avoid characters outside of the [a-zA-Z_] range in
 column names. Some formates may have troubles with these other
 characters.

 Andreas

 Andreas Neumann
 Böschacherstrasse 10A