[Qgis-developer] [GSoC 2013] QGIS for Mobile Phone Devices

Marco Bernasocchi marco at bernawebdesign.ch
Mon Apr 29 05:14:00 PDT 2013

Hi Aakash,
great to hear this!

As a first thin I would suggest you to build the android QGIS so you get
all dependencies working and so on.

Some bugs I'd suggest you to look into, are:
- http://hub.qgis.org/issues/5170
- http://hub.qgis.org/issues/7732
- http://hub.qgis.org/issues/6037

For your application, it is fairly straight forward, you need to write a
proposal similar to [1] where you explain what you would like to
achieve, subscribe and introduce yourself to the qgis-developer (added
to CC) [2] and see what people think. I'd like to mentor you, just
please remember that this is a serious commitment.

Regarding your skills, it looks good, and yes qml is not that hard to learn.

Looking forward to read and comment on your proposal

ciao

[1]
https://google-melange.appspot.com/gsoc/proposal/review/google/gsoc2013/tecoholic/17001

--