[Qgis-developer] Logo Update

Larry Shaffer larrys at dakotacarto.com
Tue Apr 30 10:13:00 PDT 2013

Hi,

On Tue, Apr 30, 2013 at 8:54 AM, Radim Blazek <radim.blazek at gmail.com>wrote:

> On Tue, Apr 30, 2013 at 1:25 PM, Paolo Cavallini <cavallini at faunalia.it>
> wrote:
> >
> > Il 30/04/2013 13:11, Nathan Woodrow ha scritto:
> >> Hey all,
> >>
> >> There is only one day left in the logo comp.  I have already had the
> final round
> >> extended three times so this is it.  Please let me know if you have any
> feedback you
> >> would like me to leave on the designs
> >> at http://99designs.com.au/logo-design/contests/qgis-needs-logo-210397
> >>
> >> I think Larry said he is working on some new revisions of his logo
> which I am keen to
> >> see.
> >
> > Hi Nathan,
> > I like the first three #338, #50 (removing "uantum"), #336.
>
> I would also welcome #50 without "uantum".
>
> I am not in favour of #338 or #336 because those are too complex for
> logo. And then, there seems to be 3 hands on it, right? I understand
> that the green one is Wassermann's hand [1][2] but I wonder whose is
> the blue and brown?

Hmmm. I had never heard of Wassermann's hand, so that's just a coincidence.
The hands represent dev's and user's hands, all working on the project
together, but from different parts of the world and from different
disciplines, which are represented by three elemental colors: brown
(geology, landscaping, city planning, etc.), green (biology, forestry,
etc.), blue (hydrology, oceanography, etc.).

Regards,

Larry