[Qgis-developer] Force QGIS to use a different version of Python in Snow Leopard

William Kyngesburye woklist at kyngchaos.com
Tue Aug 6 06:41:45 PDT 2013

You can't.  QGIS includes its own python interpreter and links directly to the Python framework.  This ties it to a specific version and distribution (ie system Python 2.6).  You either need to compile your own QGIS to use the other python, or install scipy for the system python.

I'm working on updating my Scipy distribution if you can wait, I just got distracted by the fortran requirement.