[Qgis-developer] QGIS HF Accomodation

Peter Wells peter.wells at lutraconsulting.co.uk
Wed Aug 7 02:17:19 PDT 2013

Hi Paolo,

Thanks for your email.  Just to re-iterate a point I made in my last email:

" As some of you may be aware, we've been trying to secure a group-discount
on accommodation for the upcoming Brighton QGIS Hackfest.  Unfortunately
this has not been possible due to the high demand for rooms at that time due
to other conferences (organisers are confident they will be fully booked).

It therefore important that if you book your own accommodation..."

I've just made an update to the wiki page (accommodation section) with
distances of the hotels from Brighton rail station.  They range between 0.1
and 1.0 miles (0.2 to 1.6km) from Brighton rail station.  As the venue is on
the edge of the town (in the university campus), we will either need to take
a bus or a train there each morning, hence why I've listed the distances
from the rail station rather than the venue.  From the rail station to the
venue:

- By bus, 25mins
- By train, 15mins

I have also included a link to a google-map featuring the venues and all the
hotels (I thought I had added this previously, apologies for that).

I'd recommend people stay at the closest hotels to the station so the order
of the list on the wiki now reflects my recommendation (highest priority at
the top).

I recommend the following course of action:

1. Individuals book their own accommodation
2. If a group-booking is to be made for core-devs, then contact those devs
to ensure they have not already made accommodation plans (e.g. I know Werner
was planning to stay with Saber so it's worth asking him).

As far as I am aware, the following people are staying with Saber:

Nathan Woodrow
Tim Sutton
Werner Macho

And the following with my colleague Hugo Martins:

Giovanni Manghi

I hope that makes everything clear and once again, apologies for any
confusion caused.

Kind regards,

Pete