[Qgis-developer] September 1 branch for release

Larry Shaffer larrys at dakotacarto.com
Sat Aug 24 09:25:21 PDT 2013

Hi Tim,

On Sun, Aug 11, 2013 at 5:21 PM, Tim Sutton <lists at linfiniti.com> wrote:

> Hi All
>
> If we want to be ready with QGIS 2.0 for FOSS4G2013 we should ideally be
> ready to branch for release at the beginning of September (since most of us
> will be migrating to the land of deep fried mars bars for September).
>
> Here is my proposal to achieve that:
>
> * 12 Aug GUI Freeze, String Freeze, call for final translations
> * 25 Aug - Point of no return - final decision on whether to release with
> blockers

Assuming you intend to go ahead with 1 Sept tagging, will we still be able
to commit to the master branch in between 25 Aug and 1 Sept?

If so, I believe I can wrap up work on some important labeling issues. The
time-consuming project I was doing at my day job will be done on Monday,
after which I can devote most of my time to finishing the work I've done on
labeling.