[Qgis-developer] September 1 branch for release

Larry Shaffer larrys at dakotacarto.com
Tue Aug 27 16:51:52 PDT 2013

Hi Tim,

On Tue, Aug 27, 2013 at 3:59 PM, Tim Sutton <lists at linfiniti.com> wrote:

> Hi
>

> On Sat, Aug 24, 2013 at 6:25 PM, Larry Shaffer <larrys at dakotacarto.com>wrote:
>
>> Hi Tim,
>>

>> On Sun, Aug 11, 2013 at 5:21 PM, Tim Sutton <lists at linfiniti.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi All
>>>
>>> If we want to be ready with QGIS 2.0 for FOSS4G2013 we should ideally be
>>> ready to branch for release at the beginning of September (since most of us
>>> will be migrating to the land of deep fried mars bars for September).
>>>
>>> Here is my proposal to achieve that:
>>>
>>> * 12 Aug GUI Freeze, String Freeze, call for final translations
>>> * 25 Aug - Point of no return - final decision on whether to release
>>> with blockers
>>>

>> Assuming you intend to go ahead with 1 Sept tagging, will we still be
>> able to commit to the master branch in between 25 Aug and 1 Sept?
>>

> Sorry for the late reply. Yes commits are ok but it should be for bug
> fixes only.
>

>> If so, I believe I can wrap up work on some important labeling issues.
>> The time-consuming project I was doing at my day job will be done on
>> Monday, after which I can devote most of my time to finishing the work I've
>> done on labeling.
>>

> If you are planning gui / other changes, maybe it would be better to wait
> for 2.1?

No gui stuff, excepting maybe a couple of underlying gui code fixes (mostly
for dialogs that are too large for many laptops). Nothing that would affect
screen captures or strings. Unless... I can find the time to nix the
deprecated labeling tab from vector layer properties (which would be very
nice to have done).

Regards,

Larry