[Qgis-developer] X11: Map canvas flicker

Matthias Kuhn matthias.kuhn at gmx.ch
Wed Aug 28 06:03:32 PDT 2013

Hi,

About a year ago I developed a fix for the flickering problem on X11.
This has some major disadvantages like a rendering process cannot be
aborted with the "Esc" key and apparently there have been some artifacts
on dock windows (although this seem to have disappeared magically)

However, recently Donovan Cameron came up with a comment [1] which
solves the flickering issue without the drawbacks of the workaround
currently in place.
As the merge window is almost closed, I would like to point to pull
request 834 [2] and ask, if there is any objection to merging this. It
should only affect linux systems, but resolves a a long-standing and
annoying issue there.

Any feedback on this is appreciated.
Regards,
Matthias