[Qgis-developer] X11: Map canvas flicker

Salvatore Larosa lrssvtml at gmail.com
Wed Aug 28 07:27:45 PDT 2013

Hi Matthias,
thanks a lot for your efforts to get QGIS 2.0 as stable as possible.

Sadly, my vote here is -1 as I just tested your branch and I still getting
the map flickering,
not frequently as before but by using measure tool or shaking the map
sometime it happens.

Might this be an isolated case on my linux machine ?

Best Regards,

-SL

2013/8/28 Werner Macho <werner.macho at gmail.com>

> Your explanation sounds good - if it really is like that and it really
> does not affect anything else ..
> +1 from me
>
> On Wed, Aug 28, 2013 at 3:03 PM, Matthias Kuhn <matthias.kuhn at gmx.ch>
> wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > About a year ago I developed a fix for the flickering problem on X11.
> > This has some major disadvantages like a rendering process cannot be
> > aborted with the "Esc" key and apparently there have been some artifacts
> > on dock windows (although this seem to have disappeared magically)
> >
> > However, recently Donovan Cameron came up with a comment [1] which
> > solves the flickering issue without the drawbacks of the workaround
> > currently in place.
> > As the merge window is almost closed, I would like to point to pull
> > request 834 [2] and ask, if there is any objection to merging this. It
> > should only affect linux systems, but resolves a a long-standing and
> > annoying issue there.
> >
> > Any feedback on this is appreciated.
> > Regards,
> > Matthias