[Qgis-developer] 64 bit busted, install 32 bit instead?

Chrest, David davidc at rti.org
Wed Dec 4 11:39:08 PST 2013

>From some posts I have read it looks like the both the 64 bit Windows
standalone and Osgeo4W installers are busted and one should install the
32 bit version instead. Is this correct? I used the 64 bit standalone
installer back in early October and am missing some GDAL libraries and
certain GRASS tools do not work, giving me a GDAL library error. Have a
look at the thread here:
http://osgeo-org.1560.x6.nabble.com/QGIS-2-0-Win-standalone-busted-td507
8946.html. I have a similar situation. Has the 64 bit installer been
fixed or should I install 32 bit version instead?

David Chrest

Research GIS Analyst

RTI International

3040 Cornwallis Rd, PO Box 12194