[Qgis-developer] Newbie question re building qgis

h hdixon at bigpond.net.au
Tue Dec 10 02:16:36 PST 2013

Hi,
I am running linux - Mageia 3 (intel x86-64) and want to run qgis 2+.
The mageia repo only has 1.x.
I have had problems running qgis as I installed 1.x and did a
compile /build as per the github install instructions.  I believe I
have now cleaned out the 1.x and only have the current source on my
system.

I am able to build / compile / install qgis without problem, and the
application starts, however I have problems loading the "open layers"
and gearthview plugins. I get:
***********************
An error has occured while executing Python code:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File
"/home//.qgis2/python/plugins/openlayers_plugin/openlayers_plugin.py", line 50, in addLayer
    self.__plugin.addLayer(self)
  File
"/home//.qgis2/python/plugins/openlayers_plugin/openlayers_plugin.py", line 202, in addLayer
    self.__setMapSrsGoogle()
  File
"/home//.qgis2/python/plugins/openlayers_plugin/openlayers_plugin.py", line 253, in __setMapSrsGoogle
    mapCanvas.mapRenderer().setProjectionsEnabled(True)
TypeError: C++ type 'const QgsMapLayer*' is not supported as  type

Python version:
2.7.5 (default, Aug 12 2013, 12:12:07)
[GCC 4.7.2]

QGIS version:
2.1.0-Master Master, c610f37

Can someone please advise.  I suspect I am using an old version of the
plugin and that either I have not rebuilt it, or I am loading it from
the wrong location.

Should I have reset the path for plugins to work with the development
system? (please point me to the bit of the manual I should have read if
this is the case!)

Do I need to do something other than "make" to build all the plugins?

Have I left something floating around from 1.x?

Any help gratefully appreciated!

Hugh