[Qgis-developer] import qgis.core

Rafael Krucker rkrucker at hsr.ch
Thu Dec 12 02:13:33 PST 2013

Hi all

  Im running qgis 2.0.1 on windows 7 64 bit and want to write a little
python plugin for qgis. However, when trying to run it, i get the
following error message:

Traceback (most recent call last): File
"C:\Users\Ausleihe\workspace\testGame\testGame\testGame.py"
, line 24, in <module> from qgis.core import *

I've already tried several tipps provided in forums, like resetting
python path etc. The location of qgis.core lies on the path, and I get a
different error message when I remove it:

Traceback (most recent call last): File
"C:\Users\Ausleihe\workspace\testGame\testGame\testGame.py"
, line 24, in <module> from qgis.core import *
ImportError: no such module

Inspecting qgis_core.dll with dependency walker 2.0 led to various
missing dependencies, but I'm not quite sure how these work out.
Importing moduls like PYQt4.QtCore etc works just fine.
  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Kind regards