[Qgis-developer] Vincenty's Formulae

Barry Rowlingson b.rowlingson at lancaster.ac.uk
Thu Dec 12 06:03:42 PST 2013

On Thu, Dec 12, 2013 at 12:44 PM, Jorge Tornero - Listas
<jtorlistas at gmail.com> wrote:

> But I want to perform another calculation: Calculate the destination
> point P2 given an departure point P, a bearing B and a distance D.
> That's what direct Vincenty Formulae performs and it's what I'm looking
> for :(

The 'destination' method of the Vincenty class in geopy seems to do this:

https://github.com/geopy/geopy/blob/master/geopy/distance.py

def destination(self, point, bearing, distance=None): # pylint: disable=W0621
        """
        TODO docs.
        """

The top-level LICENSE file seems to just require preservation of
copyright notice on any code used.

Barry