[Qgis-developer] QGIS Multi-threaded Rendering

Bernhard Ströbl bernhard.stroebl at jena.de
Thu Dec 12 08:23:12 PST 2013

Hi Martin,

Am 12.12.2013 16:50, schrieb Martin Dobias:
> Hi Tim!
>

>> That all sounds absolutely brilliant! Thanks for such a nice clear
>> description of how it all fits together. I know you are only considering
>> layer-by-layer rendering but does your design accommodate further future
>> optimisations easily? I'm thinking of things like:
>>
>> * predictive / off screen  rendering of 3x3 canvas dimensions after the
>> initial render so that any pan is near instantaneous (and would trigger a
>> new off-screen render)
>
> I have had this idea in my mind while working on the project. In
> theory map canvas can spawn several renderer jobs (instead of just
> one) and let them render just one tile of the map. Some special
> handling of the labeling would be necessary if we wanted labels that
> are allowed to cross the border of tiles.

that reminds me that I needed some way to keep a stripe around the edge
free of labels in QGIS server for tiling purposes (labels were cut)
if you address this issue it would be nice to have this somehow
customizable for QGIS server.

Bernhard

__________ Information from ESET Mail Security, version of virus signature database 9165 (20131212) __________

http://www.eset.com