[Qgis-developer] QGIS game (for fun)?

Radim Blazek radim.blazek at gmail.com
Sun Dec 15 08:36:36 PST 2013

On Sun, Dec 15, 2013 at 1:50 PM, Stefan Keller <sfkeller at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Did anybody ever think about implementing a game (as PyQGIS Plugin) for pure
> fun & distraction - but also as gamified element to lower entry barriers?
> I'm collecting ideas here: http://giswiki.hsr.ch/QGIS_Game

Yes. My concept is Civilization like, module based (terrain, soil,
weather, waters, agriculture,...) with known trends (e.g. known
average temperatures and precipitations) and random fluctuations.
Currently I am thinking about robust framework for hierarchical
processing, data management, data exchange and user interaction. It
won't be that simple.

Radim