[Qgis-developer] min/max for rasters

Radim Blazek radim.blazek at gmail.com
Mon Dec 16 01:51:35 PST 2013

On Mon, Dec 16, 2013 at 9:29 AM, Matthias Kuhn <matthias.kuhn at gmx.ch> wrote:
> If there is some decision taken by the software,

Decisions are always taken in case of rasters. We are only talking
about particular detail of that decision. I.e. we have to choose
renderer, decide if stretch should be applied or not and stretching
mode is the last. What has to be communicated and what not?

> should it be communicated to the user? I am thinking of a message bar popping up
> "Hey, I think that a 2-98% representation suits your new layer best and
> I've applied that for you. But if you want to change it: here is a
> combobox and a link to the layer properties."

Communicated yes, but how? Dialog is disturbing, soft message are not
being read.

Radim