[Qgis-developer] Fwd: A new plugin has been created by innotechsoftware.

Richard Duivenvoorde rdmailings at duif.net
Wed Dec 25 01:38:02 PST 2013

On 25-12-13 09:27, Alexander Bruy wrote:
> It is already in plugin repository, see at the link posted
> by Paolo. Refer to QGIS User Guide to learn how to install
> plugins
>
> 2013/12/25 Brent Wood <pcreso at pcreso.com>:
>> Any chance of adding this to a public repository?
>> Or at least adding some instructions on the page for the non-technical among
>> us about how to install it?

Well just to be clear: if a new plugin dev uploads his/her plugin into
the public QGIS repo, it will not be visible for the general public
untill somebody  from a group of devs will test and approve this plugin.
I see that Nathan now approved the plugin so it is visible now also to
Brent :-)

General note to plugin writers: please do not feel offended if your
plugin is not approved immediately, sometimes the devs responsible for
approving are just to busy. Another reason is that it is just not clear
enough what you plugin action is.
So please create a plugin page somewhere, or a good README at Github,
and if you plugin still does not get approved. Sent an email to the dev
list and ask for it.

Regards,

Richard Duivenvoorde

PS this also applies for Pull Requests: please explain as good as
possible, and just ask