[Qgis-developer] QGIS 2.0 installation error

mmekuria sailmcm at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 26 22:07:10 PST 2013

I \have been struggling for a week with a fresh installation of QGIS 2.0.1
(Dufour) and the development version. I get a Debug Error on the Program :
C:\path\qgis-bin.exe
   Module: 4.7.1
File global\qglobal.cpp
Line:2262

QPixmap: Must construct a QApplication before a QPaintDevice

(Press retry to debug the application)

and three boxes showup with Abort, Retry and Ignore.

If I choose abort it closes, retry it will return the error message again,
and Ignore for a few times it will get into QGIS GUI but the error comes
again and again to the point of frustration.

I reinstalled from a windows install, OSGeo4W setup with advanced (Which I
always used and worked before this one) and any combination thereof and
nothing seems to work. The machine is stuck.

-----
Maaza Christos, PhD
www.Axumcorp.com