[Qgis-developer] Why is it entering Debug when starting QGIS?

mmekuria sailmcm at yahoo.com
Fri Dec 27 19:54:40 PST 2013

I have been stuck here with both the releaseand the dev. version of QGIS 2.0
.

Why should it go into debug? Below is the error message I get,

Debug Error on the Program : C:\path\qgis-bin.exe
   Module: 4.7.1
File global\qglobal.cpp
Line:2262

QPixmap: Must construct a QApplication before a QPaintDevice

(Press retry to debug the application)

and three boxes show-up with [Abort], [Retry] and [Ignore].

If I choose [Abort] it closes, [retry] it will return an error message and
quits, and [Ignore] for a few times it will get into QGIS GUI but the error
comes again and again to the point of frustration.

I reinstalled from a windows install, OSGeo4W setup with advanced (Which I
always used and worked before this one) and any combination thereof and
nothing seems to work. The machine is stuck.

I installed QT 4.8 and then uninstalled it thinking it will help me get rid
of the QGIS error. Do I need to install QT 4.7 (designer, and compiler)? I
am confused. I use VS2008 express to do custom programming.

Thank you for your help,

Maaza

-----
Maaza Christos, PhD