[Qgis-developer] How to deal with plugins which are not useful for users (e.g. Hello world)

Anita Graser anitagraser at gmx.at
Sun Dec 29 07:21:21 PST 2013

Hi,

I just unapproved the Hello world plugin on the basis of that it is not
useful for the general user base.
It seems like the plugin was created as a test case for the plugin
management system. I see why that is useful but I also think we should
avoid having such things show up in the production version.

At least I would like to encourage the use of the "experimental" flag for
all plugins which are of no direct use to QGIS users but which were
created by developers for developers or for testing purposes.

What do you think?

Best wishes,
Anita