[Qgis-developer] Installation using OSGEO4W 32 and 64 bit.

Randal Hale rjhale at northrivergeographic.com
Tue Dec 31 09:53:44 PST 2013

So I've tried this a couple of different ways but the end result is the
same. So I hope it's just me.

I downloaded the 32 and 64 bit installer of OSGEO4W and have done an
install (using each in two different attempts). Here are the steps and
the error messages (I think) I'm getting. At the end of this I have a
QGIS install with most of the GDAL menus missing (or at least that's
what I call them).

1. Download the installer.
2. Right click and run as administrator
3. Select Express install
4. Click Next twice and then I get an error (except the install these
packages to meet dependencies is checked).
avce00    (2.0.0-1)
     The AVCE00 commandline utilities for Arc/Info E00 conversion
     Required by: grass

curl    (7.3.1-1)
     The CURL HTTP/FTP library and commandline utility.
     Required by: gdal, netcdf

expat    (2.1.0-1)
     The Expat XML Parser library
     Required by: gdal, ogdi, gpsbabel

fftw    (3.3.3-1)
     Fast Fourier transformation library (Development)
     Required by: grass

freexl    (1.0.0e-1)
     The FreeXL library for accessing Excel (.xls) spreadsheet.
     Required by: gdal, spatialite

gdal-ecw    (1.10.1-4)
     ECW Raster Plugin for GDAL
     Required by: qgis-full

gdal-filegdb    (1.10.1-4)
     OGR FileGDB Driver
     Required by: qgis-full

gdal-mrsid    (1.10.1-4)
     MrSID Raster Plugin for GDAL
     Required by: qgis-full

gdal-oracle    (1.10.1-4)
     OGR OCI and GDAL GeoRaster Plugins for Oracle
     Required by: qgis-full

gdal-python    (1.10.1-4)
     The GDAL/OGR Python Bindings and Scripts
     Required by: qgis

geos    (3.4.2-1)
     The GEOS geometry library
     Required by: gdal, spatialite, python-shapely, qgis-common

gpsbabel    (1.4.4-1)
     GPS file conversion plus transfer to/from GPS units
     Required by: grass, qgis

gs    (9.07-1)
     Ghostscript
     Required by: grass

gsl-libs    (1.15-1)
     GNU Scientific Library (GSL)
     Required by: qgis-common

hdf4    (4.2.9-1)
     The HDF4 library for reading and writing HDF4 format
     Required by: gdal

hdf5    (1.8.11-2)
     The HDF5 library for reading and writing HDF5 format
     Required by: gdal, netcdf

iconv    (1.14-1)
     Codepage translation Library
     Required by: gdal, grass, spatialite, freexl, qgis, qgis-common

libgeotiff    (1.4.0-1)
     The Libgeotiff library, commandline tools and supporting tables.
     Required by: gdal

libjpeg    (6b-3)
     A library for manipulating JPEG image format files
     Required by: gdal, libtiff

libjpeg12    (6b-2)
     A library for manipulating 12bit JPEG image format files
     Required by: libtiff

libmysql    (6.1.0-1)
     MySQL Client Library.
     Required by: gdal

libpng    (1.6.3-1)
     the official PNG reference library
     Required by: grass, qt4-libs

libpq    (9.2.4-1)
     The libpq library for accessing PostgreSQL + psql commandline client
     Required by: gdal, qgis-common

libspatialindex    (1.8.1-1)
     The libspatialindex library
     Required by: qgis-common

libtiff    (4.0.3-2)
     A library for manipulating TIFF format image files (runtime)
     Required by: gdal, grass, libgeotiff, openjpeg

libxml2    (2.9.1-1)
     An XML read/write library
     Required by: spatialite

matplotlib    (1.3.0-1)
     Python plotting package
     Required by: qgis-full

msvcrt    (1.0.1-4)
     Microsoft Visual C/C++ Runtimes
     Required by: grass, shell, openjpeg, msys, python-pil,
qgis-grass-plugin, qgis-oracle-provider, qgis-globe-plugin, pygments,
gdal-filegdb, gdal-oracle, networkx, pyodbc, setup, openssl,
qgis-common, oci, osgearth-libs, osg-libs

msys    (1.0.18-4)
     Minimal SYStem
     Required by: grass

netcdf    (4.3.0-1)
     The NetCDF library and commands for reading and writing NetCDF format
     Required by: gdal

networkx    (1.8.1-1)
     Python package for creating and manipulating graphs and networks
     Required by: qgis-full

oci    (12.1.0.1.0-1)
     Oracle Instant Client
     Required by: qgis-oracle-provider, gdal-oracle

ogdi    (3.2.0b1-1)
     OGDI data access library (mainly for VPF reading)
     Required by: gdal

openjpeg    (2.0.0-1)
     OpenJPEG
     Required by: gdal

openssl    (1.0.1e-1)
     OpenSSL Compression Runtime
     Required by: curl, libpq, qt4-libs

osg-libs    (3.1.7-1)
     OpenSceneGraph (libraries)
     Required by: osgearth-libs

osgearth-libs    (2.4-1)
     OSG Earth (libraries)
     Required by: qgis-globe-plugin

pdcurses    (3.4-2)
     PDCurses (MinGW built)
     Required by: grass

proj    (4.8.0-2)
     The PROJ.4 library and commands for coordinate system transformations.
     Required by: gdal, grass, spatialite, qgis-common

proj-datumgrid    (1.5-1)
     Assorted PROJ.4 datum grid shift files
     Required by: proj

proj-hpgn    (1.0-1)
     PROJ.4 HPGN (HARN) grid shift files
     Required by: proj

psycopg2    (2.5.1-1)
     Python-PostgreSQL Database Adapter
     Required by: qgis

pygments    (1.6-1)
     pygments - syntax highlighting package written in Python
     Required by: qgis-full

pyodbc    (3.0.7-1)
     Python interface to ODBC
     Required by: qgis-full

pyopengl    (3.0.1-1)
     The Python OpenGL® Binding
     Required by: grass

pyparsing    (2.0.1-1)
     Python parsing module
     Required by: qgis-full, matplotlib

pyqt4    (4.10.2-1)
     Python bindings for Qt4.
     Required by: qgis, python-qscintilla

pyqwt5    (4.10.2-1)
     Python bindings for qwt5
     Required by: qgis-full

pyspatialite    (3.0.1-1)
     Python interface to SQLite 3 + Spatialite
     Required by: qgis

python-core    (2.7.5-1)
     Python core interpreter and runtime
     Required by: wxpython, python-numpy, python-pil, pyopengl, qgis,
python-help, pyqwt5, pyparsing, python-simplejson, python-shapely,
matplotlib, pygments, networkx, pyodbc, python-xlrd, python-xlwt,
python-win32, sip, pyqt4, gdal-python, psycopg2, pyspatialite,
python-qscintilla, python-dateutil, six

python-dateutil    (2.1-3)
     Extensions to the standard Python datetime module
     Required by: matplotlib

python-help    (2.7.5-1)
     Python documentation in a Windows compiled help file
     Required by: qgis-full

python-numpy    (1.7.1-1)
     Python NumPy (Numerical) Extension
     Required by: grass, pyqwt5, matplotlib, gdal-python

python-pil    (1.1.7-1)
     Python Imaging Library (PIL)
     Required by: grass

python-qscintilla    (2.7.2-1)
     Python bindings for QScintilla
     Required by: qgis

python-shapely    (1.2.18-2)
     Geospatial geometries, predicates, and operations for Python.
     Required by: qgis-full

python-simplejson    (3.3.0-1)
     python JSON encoder and decoder.
     Required by: qgis-full

python-win32    (2.1.8-1)
     Python for Windows extension
     Required by: wxpython

python-xlrd    (0.7.5-2)
     Library for developers to extract data from Microsoft Excel (tm)
spreadsheet files
     Required by: qgis-full

python-xlwt    (0.9.2-2)
     Library to create spreadsheet files compatible with MS Excel
97/2000/XP/2003 XLS files
     Required by: qgis-full

qgis    (2.0.1-2)
     QGIS Desktop
     Required by: qgis-full, qgis-grass-plugin, qgis-oracle-provider,
qgis-globe-plugin

qgis-common    (2.0.1-2)
     QGIS (common)
     Required by: qgis

qgis-globe-plugin    (2.0.1-2)
     GLOBE plugin for QGIS
     Required by: qgis-full

qgis-grass-plugin    (2.0.1-2)
     GRASS plugin for QGIS
     Required by: qgis-full

qgis-oracle-provider    (2.0.1-2)
     Oracle provider plugin for QGIS
     Required by: qgis-full

qscintilla    (2.7.2-1)
     Qt source code editing component.
     Required by: python-qscintilla

qt4-devel    (4.8.5-1)
     Qt4 headers and libraries (Development)
     Required by: qgis-full

qt4-libs    (4.8.5-1)
     Qt4 runtime libraries
     Required by: qt4-devel, qgis-common, sip, pyqt4, qwt5-libs-qt4,
qscintilla, osg-libs

qwt5-libs-qt4    (5.2.3-1)
     Qt4 widgets library for technical applications (runtime)
     Required by: qgis, pyqwt5, qgis-common

saga    (2.0.8-1)
     SAGA System for Automated Geographical Analyses
     Required by: qgis-full

setup    (1.0.7-9)
     OSGeo4W Installer/Updater
     Required by: shell

shell    (1.0.1-2)
     OSGeo4W Command Shell
     Required by: gdal, libtiff, libjpeg, libgeotiff, proj, curl, geos,
libmysql, sqlite3, netcdf, libpq, expat, xerces-c-vc10, hdf4, hdf5,
ogdi, iconv, pdcurses, zlib, fftw, libpng, wxpython, python-numpy,
pyopengl, avce00, gpsbabel, pyqwt5, pyparsing, python-simplejson,
python-shapely, matplotlib, gdal-mrsid, qt4-devel, gdal-ecw, setup,
libjpeg12, szip, libxml2, python-core, python-win32, sip, pyqt4,
qwt5-libs-qt4, psycopg2, pyspatialite, python-qscintilla, qt4-libs,
gsl-libs, libspatialindex, qscintilla

sip    (4.14.7-1)
     Python/C++ bindings generator (Development)
     Required by: qgis, pyqwt5, qgis-common, python-qscintilla

six    (1.3.0-2)
     Python 2 and 3 compatibility utilities
     Required by: python-dateutil

spatialite    (4.1.1-1)
     The SpatiaLite library for adding spatial capabilities to SQLite3 DBMS.
     Required by: gdal, qgis-common

sqlite3    (3.7.17-1)
     The SQLite3 library for accessing SQLite3 database files.
     Required by: gdal, spatialite, python-core, qt4-libs

szip    (2.1-1)
     SZIP compression library
     Required by: hdf5

wxpython    (2.8.12-1)
     wxPython - Python bindings for wxWidgets
     Required by: grass

xerces-c-vc10    (3.1.1-1)
     The Xerces-C 3 library for parsing XML files
     Required by: gdal

zlib    (1.2.8-1)
     The zlib compression and decompression library (runtime)
     Required by: grass, libtiff, ogdi, openjpeg, gpsbabel, qgis-common,
qt4-libs, osg-libs

5. I install and QGIS is missing all the GDAL oriented menus under
vector and raster.

For fun I built a brand new Win 7 VM 64 bit and installed and had the
same thing happen there also. Everything seems to be working except QGIS
- and like I said it starts - but not with the correct number of tools.

--
Randal Hale, GISP
423.653.3611 rjhale at northrivergeographic.com
<mailto:rjhale at northrivergeographic.com>