[Qgis-developer] making QgsMapToolIdentify available to plugins

Denis Rouzaud denis.rouzaud at gmail.com
Wed Feb 6 06:55:40 PST 2013

Hi Radim,

On 02/06/2013 03:39 PM, Radim Blazek wrote:
> Hi Denis,
> I have commited some changes related to identify tool:
> https://github.com/qgis/Quantum-GIS/commit/50d4bb6d4
> I hope it does not break any your original intention.
As I see it, it seems to be ok!

Just pay attention, I pull another request
https://github.com/qgis/Quantum-GIS/pull/421
I changed the behavior of the identify methods: it returns the results
instead of saving them in a private attribute.

I think I will just need to use the merge tool one more time.....

Also, your changes to the raster result structure made me think that we
could use a single struct for both vector and raster result.
It might be easier to look into the results.
Any opinion on this? Nathan?

> One problem I found, if you look at this
> https://github.com/qgis/Quantum-GIS/commit/f47d8204#L2L98
> Jef changed that from ~layerList.isEmpty() to !layerList.isEmpty() but
> that was not working (current layer was not used). I have changed it
> to "if ( mode == ActiveLayer && layerList.isEmpty() )". I dont know
> what was exactly your idea with "~", could you verify/clarify?
Well, the idea is that the first mode of identification (i.e. active
layer) should not be used if a list of layers is given as argument.
Indeed, if a list is given, the method will look in all the layers.