[Qgis-developer] Loading Oracle driver

Jürgen E. Fischer jef at norbit.de
Wed Feb 13 14:51:10 PST 2013

Hi Paolo,

On Wed, 13. Feb 2013 at 21:12:04 +0100, Paolo Cavallini wrote:
> sorry ot bother, but I tried to recompile, and got no qgis-oracle-provider
> package.  Anywhere I can study how to do it?

No idea how you did it.   If I do a clean build using

dpkg-buildpackage -us -uc -b -j8

on unstable I end up with a package without oracle support (as expected).

If I use

debchange -p --force-distribution -D sid-oracle -l"~oracle" "qgis build with oracle support"

to produce a package with oracle support and then run

dpkg-buildpackage -us -uc -b -j8

to build it, I get it with oracle support.  One small issue is that the oracle
entry is there even if the oracle provider package isn't installed (but only if
the package is built with oracle support).

Jürgen

--
Jürgen E. Fischer         norBIT GmbH               Tel. +49-4931-918175-31
committ(ed|ing) to Quantum GIS                         IRC: jef on FreeNode

Rheinstrasse 13, 26506 Norden