[Qgis-developer] attributeMap vs. attributes

Richard Duivenvoorde rdmailings at duif.net
Tue Feb 19 02:39:06 PST 2013

On 19-02-13 11:21, Sandro Santilli wrote:
> My topological editing plugin broke due to attributeMap() being replaced
> by attributes() in the python API. If I change to use attributes() it won't
> work with 1.8 anymore. Is there any important reason to require changes in
> all plugins ?

Hi Sandro,

I also had to update my plugins to reflect the api changes we go through
in 2.0 Although it is some work (for us plugin devs), I think it is good
te clean up and make a better api.

Here are the changes in the wiki:
http://hub.qgis.org/wiki/quantum-gis/API_changes_for_version_20

with on the bottom a way to handle it in plugins to handle both 1.8 and
2.x QGIS versions.

Martin wrote a lengthy email about the select and attribute changes, see:
http://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/qgis-developer/2013-February/024278.html

Regards,

Richard Duivenvoorde