[Qgis-developer] Download stats

Régis Haubourg regis.haubourg at eau-adour-garonne.fr
Fri Feb 22 11:54:02 PST 2013

Hi All,
as a user, I don't really like tools that collect info over the net. Even if
I trust QGIS community and it is Open Source, I know that some could find it
suspicious.
Estimated stats on server side are sufficient to me. Quality, stability, and
maybe a way to reference how much fundig/ bid efforts   grow up could be a
perfect approach of QGIS health and maturity. I must say that on french
geomatics forum, QGIS thread have be growing so much these times, i don't
have any doubt.

As a GIS administrator, I would really like to be able to collect stat of
what my users do, what datasource they use, plugin, how much projects, how
often. That would help me to target courses, data adminsitration efforts and
fundings for improvements. *Do you think I can achieve that with a python
plugin? *
I would also like to monitor qgis processes, (memory, cpu, write and read
files, web access stats...), but I think my sys admin is the good guy to do
this

*One thing maybe missing is crash automatic report to help diagnosing
recurrent crashes.  Thoughts? *