[Qgis-developer] Shipping SAGA with QGIS

Werner Macho werner.macho at gmail.com
Sat Feb 23 06:03:07 PST 2013

Hi!

Although I have to say that I'd like to have an easy install, I am against
including everything in the installer ..
Wouldn't it be possible to just write something like an automated
downloader and Installer..
Something that asks: "Would you like to download and install also SAGA?"
Probably that can be done generally to include more than one external
programms there?
Nevertheless it will always be an "Installer" problem .. So maybe it's
enough to give hints where to find the programs and let the users install.
I think as the User found QGIS - he will also be able to find SAGA (with
small hints) and other programs.

That's just my 2¢

kind regards
Werner