[Qgis-developer] Shipping SAGA with QGIS

Phil Hess macpgmr at fastermac.net
Mon Feb 25 07:24:58 PST 2013

>>If saga_gui and saga_cmd can be split (I assume that means saga_cmd would
not need wx?), that would be great.

saga_gui is just one file, so leaving that out wouldn't save you much.
saga_cmd and the module libraries do depend on wx libraries. You could try
building wxWidgets without monolithic enabled and then see if any of the
individual wx .dylibs can be omitted. I would guess that wouldn't save you
much either.

Python bindings are not needed to run saga_cmd from SEXTANTE.

Thanks.

-Phil