[Qgis-developer] new splash screen for upcoming 2.0 ?

Larry Shaffer larrys at dakotacarto.com
Mon Feb 25 14:56:33 PST 2013

Hi Salvatore,

On Mon, Feb 25, 2013 at 2:34 PM, Salvatore Larosa <lrssvtml at gmail.com>wrote:

> Hi,
>
> 2013/2/25 Marco Bernasocchi <marco at bernawebdesign.ch>
>
>> hi all, I like a lot the splash from Salvatore, it looks kind of "sexyer"
>> than the rounded one.
>> could we use that with an old map?
>>
> Thanks, I done a new one with the old map suggested from Andre Joost !
> You can look at it here: http://lrssvt.ns0.it/img/splash_oldmap_shadow.png

In the U.S. the color aquamarine (the blue you have used) is heavily
associated with the 1950's-60's, and generally not in a flattering way. As
such a color, IMHO it brings up connotations of being out-of-touch with
modern values and design idioms. Please try the splash screen with a
different base color, which has deeper, richer tones, and maybe a very
slight gradient, if you have the time.

Also, a redesign of the main 'Q' logo may dictate what complimentary or
background colors are used in the new splash screen. So, maybe that logo
redesign needs to be addressed or finished before more definitive work on a
new splash screen.

Best regards,

Larry