[Qgis-developer] URL Rewriting and qgis-web-client

Andreas Neumann a.neumann at carto.net
Tue Feb 26 08:03:32 PST 2013

Hi,

You always have to specify a project path and project name with QGIS web
client. Regardless whether you use URL rewriting or not. The client does
not work without project path and name.

So a correct URL to start the client would be:

http://hostname/maps/projectpath/projectname?optionalParameters

Of course this all depends on your setup.

This whole URL rewriting is a bit complex to set up. Before you do it I
would recommend you test the client without URL rewriting, e.g. with a
URL like:

http://hostname/qgiswebclient.html?map=/home/web/qgis-web-client/projects/naturalearth_110million.qgs&format=image/png&visibleLayers=Rivers,Glaciated%20Areas,Lakes,Land,Ocean

For 'var serverAndCGI = "http://THE_HOST/wms/"' I recommend to not
specify the servername, in case you move the whole thing to another
server. Better would be:

var serverAndCGI = "/wms/"

Hope this helps a bit?

Andreas