[Qgis-developer] non integer ID and python

Denis Rouzaud denis.rouzaud at gmail.com
Tue Feb 26 22:27:49 PST 2013

Hi all,

I have a small problem in my quickfinder plugin (finds a feature by its id).

For postgis layers, I have no problem to find a feature using its id.
But, I can't achieve this with shapefiles for example.

I understand this as the IDs of shapefiles are store in strings.

Apparently, in the SIP of QgsFeature, QgsFeatureId is defined as a qint64.
Also, in the SIP of QgsFeatureRequest, the setFilterFid method takes
qint64 as argument.

So my question, is there a way to look for a feature by its ID in python
if it's not an int???

And if not, do you consider it easily changeable??? How?

Thanks a lot!

Denis