[Qgis-developer] Composer Management

Kelly Thomas kelly.thomas at hotmail.com.au
Thu Feb 28 23:46:52 PST 2013

Hi,

> From: larrys at dakotacarto.com
> Subject: Re: [Qgis-developer] Composer Management
>
> Ok, I've added these (excepting deletePrintComposers) to iface [0].
> So you can now do the following:
>
> cv = iface.createNewComposer('test')
> cv2 = iface.duplicateComposer(cv, 'test2')
>
> for c in iface.activeComposers():
>   iface.deleteComposer(c)

Great News, this will make things much neater.

> I've added New from Template to the Composer menu [1]. I think the
> distinction between the actions is very clear now. Btw, Composer
> Manager also only adds templates to new composers, but with no clear
> indication on where those templates are located. They are in
> QgsApplication::pkgDataPath()/composer_templates/ (inside bundled app
> on Mac) instead of under say ~/.qgis/composer_templates/. I think that
> needs adjusted.

At the moment I'm using the current location to my advantage.
It might be desirable to support both options much like the current situation with two locations for python plugins.

I'm thinking it would be nice to have the composer titles exposed directly.
Currently I believe python code would only have indirect access like this:
iface.activeComposers()[0].composerWindow().windowTitle()

Regards,
Kelly thomas