[Qgis-developer] New Vector API

Jürgen E. Fischer jef at norbit.de
Tue Jan 1 08:00:05 PST 2013

Hi Paolo,

On Sat, 29. Dec 2012 at 18:38:26 +0100, Paolo Cavallini wrote:
> Why not releasing a beta before merging?

What for?

Either we want that stuff in the release, then we need to merge it before the
release and releasing a beta now of stuff that we're probably going to break
IMHO doesn't make any sense.

Then again I don't see a big point in releasing betas at all.  We have nightly
builds.  And given that we have a feature freeze before a release those will
also settle.  If that isn't enough we could also schedule switch from nightly
to weekly builds before a release to have an easier target for testing.

Doing extra betas (and we like won't get away with just one) would just imply
more work and extra infrastructure.

Jürgen

--
Jürgen E. Fischer         norBIT GmbH               Tel. +49-4931-918175-31
committ(ed|ing) to Quantum GIS                         IRC: jef on FreeNode

Rheinstrasse 13, 26506 Norden