[Qgis-developer] New Vector API

Paolo Cavallini cavallini at faunalia.it
Tue Jan 1 11:50:32 PST 2013

Il 01/01/2013 20:41, Werner Macho ha scritto:
> Hi!
>
> Just for the logs .. I agree with Jürgen in that case..
> It does not make any sense to release a beta now - with some new implemented things
> and some not ..
> From my point of view - the only last thing we are all waiting for is Martins
> threading implementation ..

Of course I agree with you to avoid useless work. I'm just worried that if we keep on
adding new features and breaking the API the 2.0 release will take too long.
AFAIK the blocking factors we agreed upon are:

  * Symbology overhaul
  * Labelling overhaul
  * New web site and docs
  * SEXTANTE integration
  * Interface cleanup and consistency
  * Plugins migration

I think there is still work to be done on most of these, if not all.

All the best.
--
Paolo Cavallini - Faunalia
www.faunalia.eu