[Qgis-developer] Better options dialogs

Larry Shaffer larrys at dakotacarto.com
Fri Jan 4 09:47:34 PST 2013

Hi Matthias and Nathan,

I was just about to bring this topic back up myself. :^) Yes, I can
work on this next (probably this weekend). I'll start with the main
app options dialog, cause it's the simplest.

Option dialog candidates to switch to vertical tabs (for
useability/consistency):
* App options
* Project options
* Vector and Raster layer properties

Matthias, do you think the new diagram options setup can be moved to
horizontal tabs, instead of a toolbox, once there are vertical tabs
for the vector dialog?

Nathan,
> ...  If you need some help I can lend a hand.

Remember that little custom toolbutton widget we chatted about for
data defined option overrides? (to the right of labeling options in
redesign [0]) I think you mentioned some kind of abstracted data
binding class that widgets like that could use or inherit. Such a
class, that worked with the new vector API, would be very handy and
greatly help with the labeling dialog redesign (and elsewhere). Do you
have some time to work on that?

See http://irclogs.geoapt.com/qgis/%23qgis.2012-11-26.log starting at (14:44:28)

[0] http://drive.dakotacarto.com/qgis/labeling-redesign.png

Regards,