[Qgis-developer] Better options dialogs

Martin Dobias wonder.sk at gmail.com
Fri Jan 4 12:52:42 PST 2013

Hi Larry

On Fri, Jan 4, 2013 at 6:47 PM, Larry Shaffer <larrys at dakotacarto.com> wrote:
> Hi Matthias and Nathan,
>
> I was just about to bring this topic back up myself. :^) Yes, I can
> work on this next (probably this weekend). I'll start with the main
> app options dialog, cause it's the simplest.

Great to hear that ;-)

I just wanted to add that I would also appreciate (for options dialog)
what Tim has already mentioned: the "advanced" tab with a property
list widget (something like [1]): we have lots of settings that are
very rarely used (and some of them are even hard to decipher for
developers!), so moving such clutter outside of regular tabs would
bring some fresh air to the options dialog. Of course this can be done
completely separately from what you're going to implement, just wanted
to point out that this would a welcome addition, too :-)

[1] http://www.myvirtualdisplay.com/wp/wp-content/uploads/2008/11/firefox_config.png

Regards
Martin