[Qgis-developer] New Vector API

Matthias Kuhn matthias.kuhn at gmx.ch
Tue Jan 8 00:46:01 PST 2013

Hi Martin,

On 01/07/2013 11:04 PM, Martin Dobias wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 7, 2013 at 12:42 PM, Matthias Kuhn <matthias.kuhn at gmx.ch> wrote:
>> Hi Martin,
>>
>> as already mentioned by Marco, there seems to be a problem with the latest
>> fix. I have multiple postgres layers and after every redraw only one layer
>> (random) is drawn (sometimes not even one layer).
>>
>> When I quit QGIS I get a segmentation fault in the postgres provider
>> (QgsPostgresConn, member methods called on a NULL pointer), backtrace
>> attached.
> Matthias,
>
> the latest fix should solve both problems. In the previous commit I
> have removed automatic closing of postgres cursor when iterating over
> features finishes and this caused that a new cursor (with the same
> name) was being opened while the old one still existed.
>
> Martin
Layers are rendered correctly again.

However, dataProvider.getFeatures() doesn't return any features in my
plugin ( the same instructions used to work before your last two commits ).

The postgres provider logs the following:

-------------
2 cursor states lost.
SQL: DECLARE qgisf6 BINARY CURSOR FOR SELECT
asbinary(force_2d("situation_geometry"),'NDR'),"gid","obj_id"::text,"type"::text,"node_type"::text,"level"::text,"usage_current"::text,"cover_level"::text,"description"::text,asewkt("detail_geometry")
FROM "qgep"."vw_network_node"
Result: 7 (ERROR:  cursor "qgisf6" already exists
)
Query: move absolute 0 in qgisf6 returned 7 [ERROR:  cursor "qgisf6"
does not exist
]