[Qgis-developer] QGIS 1.8 Windows Standalone is not OK with spatialite versions (ECW tangent)

Ramon Andiñach custard at westnet.com.au
Tue Jan 15 02:43:10 PST 2013

On 15/01/2013, at 15:27 , Paolo Cavallini wrote:

> Il 15/01/2013 00:28, Ramon Andiñach ha scritto:
>> Ok. I'll go back through the licensing documentation in the next few days.
>>
>> If I'm doing this I have some questions. (Jürgen, Paolo?)
>> What would appropriate questions would be? Paolo's comment below seems really open to me.
>>  (Neither developer or lawyer, so would appreciate comment).
>> What was the previous arrangement?
>
> AFAICT, the SDK can be used for "dektop programs", not for servers. The issue is: if
> we compile GDAL with non-free SDK, this can be used both for the desktop and for the
> server (mapserver, QGSI server, etc.). It is unclear if the responsibility lies with
> the user (so a warning "use only for desktop" is enough) of with the developer (in
> this case, we cannot distribute it).
> If someone has a better understanding, please let us know.
> All the best.

Thanks Paolo, much appreciated.

I've drafted a letter, but I'd like some feed back before I send it off.[1]

Along the lines of:
Does it make sense?
Am I understanding correctly?
Does it cover the questions that need asking?
and,
I'm not misrepresenting any of the QGIS or OSGeo camps and in any way?

Particularly, if Paolo, Jürgen and Frank had anything to say on the note that would be appreciated.

-ramon.

[1] https://www.dropbox.com/s/dwq8qzc6yvh27jx/QuestionsForIntergraph2012i15
(I can open the folder up if people have big notes, that would be better left there)