[Qgis-developer] QGIS, Python and Threads

Kelly Thomas kelly.thomas at hotmail.com.au
Tue Jan 22 19:07:25 PST 2013

Hi Matthias,
I had a similar problem a couple of weeks back.  While I was unable to identify why my first attempt was failing I was able to produce a functioning implementation on the second attempt.
I posted my problem (and later a working solution) over here. [1]
Another gotcha to be aware of is that any python errors that occur in the other thread will be displayed in the Message Log, I find it useful to have this as a floating window during development.
[1] http://gis.stackexchange.com/questions/45514/how-do-i-maintain-a-resposive-gui-using-qthread-with-pyqgis
Good Luck,Kelly Thomas