[Qgis-developer] OpenLayers plugin release and Python API breaks

Jürgen E. Fischer jef at norbit.de
Thu Jan 24 00:37:56 PST 2013

Hi Matthias,

On Thu, 24. Jan 2013 at 08:59:47 +0100, Matthias Kuhn wrote:
> The question is, where and when to communicate it to the developer:
>  * The MessageLog (why not)

Already done in f2029b4ec.

Python 2.7 disabled the deprecation warnings by default.  But the would have
gone to stderr anyway (which is "invisible" for most users).

> I would propose to add a QGS_DEPRECATED macro which could be placed in
> any deprecated method which will take appropriate actions and
> deprecation methods will appear in a standardized way.

We (or better put Qt) already have that too (Q_DECL_DEPRECATED).  But there
it's a compile time warning - and apparently not everyone builds with PEDANTIC
enabled...

Jürgen

--
Jürgen E. Fischer         norBIT GmbH               Tel. +49-4931-918175-31
committ(ed|ing) to Quantum GIS                         IRC: jef on FreeNode

Rheinstrasse 13, 26506 Norden