[Qgis-developer] OpenLayers plugin release and Python API

Pirmin Kalberer pi_ml at sourcepole.com
Fri Jan 25 00:59:48 PST 2013

Hi Nathan,

Am Mittwoch, 23. Januar 2013, 16.09:43 schrieb Nathan Woodrow:

> We are preparing for 2.0 so the plan has always been to break API and
> remove old unused methods.
>
> The select API will break again soon once Martin merges his new vector
> API.

If it's the plan to break plugins then I wait with the next update until 2.0
is released.
Other OSS projects I'm working with care more for their users. They release a
new API with a major version and deprecate the old one. The deprecated API
remains available for at least one release. I'm fine with removing old
labelling, etc., but not with breaking the plugin API from 1.8 to 2.0 without
proper deprecation.

Pirmin

--
Pirmin Kalberer
Sourcepole  -  Linux & Open Source Solutions