[Qgis-developer] QGIS 1.8 Windows Standalone is not OK with spatialite versions

andreaerdna andreaerdna at libero.it
Tue Jan 29 15:29:31 PST 2013

Jürgen E. Fischer wrote
> Building the 3.3 SDK from source with VC10 and doing a GDAL plugin based
> on
> that also works, but the licensing/distribution issue for the ECW DLLs is
> unclear to me - and therefore we didn't upload that plugin.  It's not
> usable
> without VC10 builds of the 3.3 ECW DLLs and doubt that they are publically
> available anywhere.

Tamas Szekeres mantains, among other things, GDAL 1.9.2 binary packages on
http://www.gisinternals.com/sdk <http://www.gisinternals.com/sdk>   that
contain both ECW plugin and ESRI ECW 3.3 SDK (libecwj2.dll) MSVC2010
(2003/2005/2008 too) builds.

I tested them with OSGeo4W gdal 1.9.2-2 and qgis 1.8.0-5 / 1.9.0-176 and
seem to work properly without problems.

BTW, the OSGeo4W java-1.6.0_25-1 package contains (why ?) a gdal 1.7 ecw
plugin and an ESRI ECW 3.3 SDK binary libraries (NCSEcw.dll, NCSUtil.dll,
NCScnet.dll).

Andrea Giudiceandrea