[Qgis-developer] Expression editor icon

Matthias Kuhn matthias.kuhn at gmx.ch
Wed Jan 30 23:17:12 PST 2013

Hi Robert

On 01/30/2013 11:47 PM, Robert Szczepanek wrote:
> Hi Matthias,
>
> Here it is:
> http://trac.osgeo.org/osgeo/changeset/9681/
That was fast, thanks a lot.

> Concerning your request for Expression + Selection with additional
> plus/minus/intersection elements.
> I'm afraid of making icons with too much information.
> Perhaps we could make it in this (context) order:
> expression-select
> select-add (not ready yet, but similar to [2])
> select-remove (not ready yet)
>
> This is very general problem. In different places we could just use
> '+' or '-' icons. What do you think (Matthias, Larry)?
I understand your concerns. Especially for small icons.
In this case, the context can actually be used to skip the expression
icon (the user is in the expression builder dialog) and a
select-add/select-remove/select-intersect button will be sufficient. So
I'd be happy with your idea.

Could you also commit a standalone expression builder icon (to use as
such and as a basis to combine it with other tools)?

> regards,
> Robert
>
> [2]
> http://trac.osgeo.org/osgeo/browser/graphics/trunk/toolbar-icons/24x24/select-cancel.png