[Qgis-developer] D&D fails after vector merge

Paolo Cavallini cavallini at faunalia.it
Thu Jan 31 00:11:01 PST 2013

Il 30/01/2013 23:34, Jürgen E. Fischer ha scritto:
> Is there a ticket about that? If so, I think it can be closed now.

Thanks a lot for that. No ticket, sorry, I'm on a course, very little
time now.
> Of the currently unstable state?

Not, of the pre-vector-merging.
> What should that be good for?  Anyone
> interested in the current state should go with the nightly builds and test and
> report bugs.

There are many users that are forced to use >1.8 (e.g. my case of
yesterday: 1.8 DB Manager has bugs in 1.8, preventing the shapefile
import in many cases), but still have to work, and cannot cope with
daily breakages. A tech preview standalone installer would be good for them.

> We should concentrate on finishing the migration to the new api instead -

agreed fully - my suggestion hods true only if making a standalone is a
very quick thing, as I believe (is the installnsis script still in good
shape? probably I should try, but see above).

Thanks again.

--
Paolo Cavallini - Faunalia
www.faunalia.eu