[Qgis-developer] New feature's needed, create geometry from attribute

Régis Haubourg regis.haubourg at eau-adour-garonne.fr
Mon Jul 1 01:43:57 PDT 2013

Thanks Vincent,
you are right. We already discussed that with Chris on the list. The problem
is that it is restricted to CSV again, and that it creates a separate
datasource. We could also think of extending VRT to all datatypes in OGR,
and have a GUI letting user to generate and load that VRT. That is elegant,
but what about cases with databases or read only files? Should we ask user
to write vrt somewhere (not what I want at all), or should we store vrt
definition in project file?

Thoughts?