[Qgis-developer] Synergy of QGIS Enterprise and QGIS 2.0/Master branch

Pirmin Kalberer pi_ml at sourcepole.com
Mon Jul 1 05:08:18 PDT 2013

Am Montag, 1. Juli 2013, 13.51:31 schrieb jr.morreale at enoreth.net:
> On 2013-07-01 13:33, Pirmin Kalberer wrote:
> > Hi Jean-Roc,
> >
> > Am Montag, 1. Juli 2013, 13.01:42 schrieb jr.morreale at enoreth.net:
> >> Is this going to be an open initiative or limited to a Sourcepole's
> >> offering ? Will you backport translations ?
> >
> > QGIS Enterprise is an internal QGIS branch maintained by Sourcepole.
> > We backport translations as needed by our customers. Currently we
> > have english
> > and german speaking Enterprise customers. A french edition could be
> > coming
> > soon.
> >
> > Regards
> > Pirmin
>
> Thank for this information. This is a good thing and I'm sure there is
> a demand for it in France :) , the only downside I see is that a single
> company is getting the use of the "Enterprise" tag attached to QGIS.

Don't forget the french speaking part of Switzerland ;-)
As GeoServer shows, there can be several "Enterprise" offerings [1],[2].

Pirmin

[1] http://opengeo.org/products/suite/buy/
[2] http://geo-solutions.blogspot.ch/2013/07/geoserver-enterprise.html

--
Pirmin Kalberer
Sourcepole  -  Linux & Open Source Solutions